Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year New Project

It has taken some time to set in.  Nick and I will sometimes just look at each other and just say "I can't believe it".  I am not sure what is more surreal- that we are the owners of the Greystone (!!!) or the amount of work we have ahead of us.  I mean, all we really need to is make a kitchen, rehab the bathroom, pull the trees out of the gutters, redo the walls and re-finish the floors.  Oh, and strip.  Lots and lots of stripping.  It is hard to not want to take all the paint off the orginal wood after seeing what the previous owner did to the foyer and stairs.  I mean, that wood is freakin' awesome.

Nick thinks that we can do all the trim in the house.  I think we should try the formal dining room, living room and foyer and re-evaluate.

1 comment: